Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blog#2: My Favorite Movie

Mayu

Hello!
Have you ever thought about what love and  Romance are?
This question is really hard to find any answer, is't it...? :((

Love is sensitive, because it can cause sometimes great pleasure and sweetness, and sometimes deep pain and confusion.
There must be some people tossed about by the waves called fate...

So, this time, I would like to recommend you watch this musical movie, " The Umbrella of Cherbourg / Les Parapluies de Cherbourg " !!
 This movie is filmed by Jacques Demys in 1964 in France, starred by Catherine Deneuve and Michel Legrand composed ultimately romantic and beautiful music.

I love this movie for this impressive perfect colour design which shows typical cute 60's fashion, and for unforgettable music in French!! So I believe this heals your tired eyes and ears! lol...  In addition, the story is really beautiful but painful( in Japanese, せつない)!! you would  feel sympathy with every characters in this movie because there is no malicious person.
 You will soon be absorbed in this world the film made!

This film will make you think about what love and romance are... : P

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mayu!
    I cannot understand what love is too:-(
    But I think that love has two aspects, happiness and anxiety.
    Thankyou for posting the nice movie!
    I haven't watched it yet, but I want to watch it this weekend:-)
    I hope I understand a little about love with this movie! If you have a chance, I'd like you to inform more about your favorite movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like that movie, you might enjoy Barefoot in the Park, starring Jane Fonda and Robert Redford. Also The Way We Were is a really great love story. I have both on DVD. Let me know if you want to watch them.
    Ms. MacGregor

    p.s. If you want to here a really cool jazzy version of the theme song to the movie, please listen to Michel Legrand's piano version of "I will wait for you."

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVbWnHER63U&feature=related

    Ms. MacGregor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, who are you? You didn't write your name - please add your name to your blog.
    And you should DEFINITELY watch The way We Were. it is so much like The Umbrellas of Cherbourg in many ways (though it is an American movie).
    Contact me for the DVD!
    Ms. MacGregor

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watch many movies, but I don't like romance
    movie since I'm little sympathy with a movie.
    but I hope to watch movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is love? It is philosophical question and many people want to know the answer and try to solve or understand it. I also want to know!

    It is a pity I can not watch the video. This video was deleted by someone because of copyright.

    Tatsushi Iwamoto

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what is love :(
    I think it is very difficult question.
    By the way, unfortunately, I couldn't watch this video.
    But I want to watch it!!
    Miori Yamaguchi

    ReplyDelete