Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blog #3: My hobby

Ami

Hi! It was hot day! Summer will come soon:-)
This time, I'd like to introduce my hobby-Hula Dance. Do you know Hula Dance?
It's a Hawaiian racial dance moving with slow music.
When I watched a movie named "Hula Girl" I was fascinated with it. This movie is non-fiction story of Jyouban Hawaiian Center in Iwate. The cute costume, the cheerful looking and the confortable music attracted me very much! It is hart warming story, so if you haven't seen the movie, please check it!
I started to take Hula lesson last summer. While I'm dancing, I can relax very much. I can be smile naturally.
Actually, every movement have each meaning. Hula dancers express the music by dance. It is very interesting! You can guess what the dance means.
I already experienced perform on stage twice. I was very nervous, but also enjoyed very much.
I want to continue practicing Hula until I become old.
Here is my favorite doll! She is cute isn't she??:-)             

9 comments:

  1. First, I love your doll - does she have a name?
    Second, I also love the movie Hula Girl. Apparently the hula girl dances have performed at the onsen in Tohoku since the earthquake. I would like to see them sometime.
    Do you practise hula dance at home? It looks hard to do - is it?
    I wish you would teach me some easy moves - I would like to try to move my body like a hula dancer. It looks relaxing and therapeutic for the body and soul.

    Ms. MacGregor

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, I meant: Apparently the hula girle dancers have performed at the onsen....

    So, you see? It pays to check!
    Ms. MacGregor

    ReplyDelete
  3. And another mistake - I give up!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amiii!!!
    I just want you to teach me hula dance!!!
    Because I like "Hula Girl" too, and like that relaxing melody like you!! ^^
    Hawaiian costume and music really suit you!
    In the past month, my friends said to me that they had thought I was half of Hawaiian because of my appearance! lol...

    by Mayu chama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ami(・ω・`=)ゞ I wanna learn hula dance too. So Please teach me. Love(^-^)v(*≧∀≦*)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the movie,too and
    I went to Joban Hawaian with my friends
    last summer. I had a good time.
    if you have never been, You should go there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is very cute! I like her mouth.

    I know Hula Girl. I think it is very famous movie and my father favorite it very much. Of course, I like it.

    Does Hula dance tire you? Isn’t is very difficult?

    Tatsushi Iwamoto

    ReplyDelete
  8. This doll is so cute!!
    I know this movie, and I love it, too!
    I think Hula's costume may very suit you!
    I want to watch your dancing! lol
    I like hula dance, so please teach me it!!!
    Miori Yamaguchi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!
    Actually, the doll doesn't have a name.
    She is on the table beside my PC. So I watch her every day.
    I sometimes practice Hula at home, but not everyday. If I have much time, I practice and feel relax.

    ReplyDelete